Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Walt Disney World: Disney's Hollywood Studio (October 2011)

This is a past post from Magen's old blog, chronicling a trip taken in October of 2011. Excuse the poor writing style. She was still figuring out her groove. 


We woke up and walked outside to see nothing but blue skies and sunshine! We took a few pictures of ourselves basking in the sun, we were so glad! Then, we made our way to the Pepper Market just in time for lunch rather than breakfast. I think we probably ate too much food (because we tend to really love food when we travel). After feeling beyond full, we caught a bus to my favorite park- Disney’s Hollywood Studios!






It’s hard to beat the magic of Magic Kingdom, but I really love Hollywood Studios. It is just so FUN. I also really loved that this was another day and another new place that Ashley had never been. I REALLY enjoyed watching someone experience this place for the first time as an adult. 



When we entered, there were “actors” and “producers” in the street signing autographs and talking to us mere extras. That is always fun. We had our picture taken in front of the sorcerer’s hat, and headed straight towards the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show. We didn’t want to miss the first of the two showings. Have I mentioned yet that when the clouds left, the heat came? Yeah… it was HOT.






After sitting in (what felt like) a sauna for a while, we were glad to get moving and feel some breeze. We went back to the front of the park and rode the Great Movie Ride. It is a boat ride in the AC. Just what we needed. Then we grabbed some ice cream, it was yummy. I forgot how much I loved the Mickey shaped treats! Then, we went to get our Rock’ n’ Roller Coaster fast passes. The wait time was entirely too long without them! I believe it was 90+ minutes. I think that was the longest wait time I saw on the whole trip.






Before the sun set, we managed to see Beauty and the Beats on stage (my first time!), Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, rode Star Tours (also a first for me), get some temporary tattoos, and eat at Sci Fi Dine in Theater. We then headed back towards Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to use our fast passes. This is one of my top 5 favorite rides there. I think it might have been Ashley’s #1.









Right after we got off of the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, they were letting in the last of the Fantasmic! viewers. There was another show later than evening, but I didn’t want to wait in that incredible line- so we followed the last bit of the crowd. We got some pretty awkward seats, but you get to see everything in the huge amphitheatre from all seats, so I thought it was a better option than standing in line for an hour. This show is a don’t miss. By this time it was well past dark, and much cooler. 









Immediately exiting the theater is my favorite ride- the Tower of Terror. Ashley doesn’t like drops, and I didn’t want to wait in a line for an hour all by myself, so sadly- I missed this ride. I still kick myself for missing it! At this point, I also realized that I missed the Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom the day before. Kicking myself for that one too!

We headed towards to opposite end and went to The Magic of Disney Animation. This has been here for quite some time, but I had never been. It probably seemed boring as a kid. Previous to my trip, I read online that there was a class after the attraction with a live instructor that teaches you to draw a character. I had never even heard of this- so we went to check it out. We welcomed the AC (it was a very hot day), and drew our Plutos to perfection. This was so much fun and we both got such great souvenirs out of the experience. If I had to pick one think that is often overlooked- it’s this.



After our wonderful artistic experience, we caught Voyage of The Little Mermaid. This is a don’t miss too- I loved the singing and the dark blacklit theater is gorgeous. Our last ride of the night (it was nearing midnight at this point), was the Toy Story Mania. From what I hear it’s one of the most popular rides. Luckily, the wait wasn’t long since it was so late. It was a lot of fun, especially with all the Toy Story characters along the way. I really love that movie. We also stopped by a small party and danced with our friends Minnie and Goofy.











Attraction Reccomendation: 

The Magic of Disney Animation | Disney's Hollywood Studios
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LOST GIRLS TRAVEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig