Thursday, May 22, 2014

EPCOT | Walt Disney World | Orlando, FL


A beautiful, bright sunny day was had at EPCOT back in December. EPCOT is a mixed bag for me. It's my least favorite park, which most humans disagree with. I adore Soarin', but the rest of the rides are just so-so to me. It's too large to truly enjoy both Future World and World Showcase in a single day, but two days here isn't something I'm interested in. So, I usually end up spending most of my time at one world, depending on what events there are, then try to quickly squeeze in the other.




In 2011, we visited during the Food and Wine Festival. We enjoyed touring the World Showcase trying snack sized food options, but rushed to make the rides in Future World before dinner reservations. This past trip we rode all the rides we could at Future World, (first time riding Spaceship Earth, if you can believe it) and skipped out on World Showcase all together. We were fine with this approach since we like the three other parks much better, anyway.



The only ride here that we consider a must is Soarin'. Even with the massive update of Test Track, we're just not super impressed. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is fun, but nothing overly exciting. I enjoy learning about things in the cool air during Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land, but these aren't selling points, right? I could in no way ever skip this park and I always have a good day... but it's not my top choice.


P.S. I'm hearing that they're closing Soarin' for a bit to update to an all over the world film. I'm pretty excited about that.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great pictures! I've never been to Epcot, but it looks super cool

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete

© LOST GIRLS TRAVEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig