Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Shake Shack comes to Chicago!

Shake Shack Chicago

I follow a lot of New Yorkers on social media, drooling at their good vintage and amazing food. Even though I live in Chicago and it's comparable to New York... it isn't really New York, you know? I confess I've never actually been to the Big Apple, so my city-envy may be completely unfounded. I do want to visit when I have the chance, and I've always had a New York to-do list in the back of my mind since I fathomed a visit in my teens. That list consists of a Broadway show, Central Park, the MOMA, the Met steps, the Brooklyn Flea, and Shake Shack.

I know, I know. A quick service burger counter shouldn't trump the original cronut or Lady Liberty, but it does for this burger lovin' heart. Cheeseburgers are the Rhoda to my Mary, when done properly. I try to eat them sparingly. You know, heart health and all, so I save my cheeseburger allotment for special occasions, or for extra special restaurant openings.

Shake Shack Chicago

I wish someone would've videoed me when I read the article that Shake Shack had not only came to Chicago, but it was opening that very day. How that got around me for the months it was planned/built, I don't know but I was steaming with excitement.

Shake Shack Chicago

We stood in line for forty five minutes. Worth it. We ordered burgers, (crinkle!) fries + cheese fries, a vanilla shake, two sodas, and some custard. Just yes, is really all I have to say about it. The bun! Loved the bun. The custard is to-die-for. I'm dying to go back a week later.... (read "a week later" as the next day.)

Shake Shack Chicago

Even felt the need to video it. Definitely updating our Best Of Chicago page. It's that serious.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LOST GIRLS TRAVEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig